You will need:
- 1 lb. red creamer potatoes
- 1 bag fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz. bacon (could use more if you’re a bacon lover)
- 14 oz. large-cut mirepoix
- 2T potato starch
- 1C coconut milk
- 2C water
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 2t sea salt
- 1/2t pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
You need to:
- Add potatoes, cauliflower rice, and chicken broth to an instapot, and set on manual for 12 minutes.
- While the instapot is heating, cut the bacon into 1/4″ pieces and pan-fry on medium-high. Remove the bacon from the grease; keep grease.
- Still on medium-high, sautee the mirepoix in the bacon grease until cooked & it starts to brown a little. Add the potato starch and the coconut milk.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, blend the broth, potatoes, and cauliflower with an immersion (stick) blender.
- Add the creamy mirepoix mixture to the instapot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- “Keep warm” as long as you need it (I made my soup at lunchtime and ate it nearly 6 hours later…). Makes approximately five servings for hungry people ^_^