This frittata is so colorful and pretty!
You will need:
- 2T ghee
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb. frozen spinach (or equivalent fresh)
- 3 oz. sun dried tomatoes, julienne cut (I like the Bella Sun Luci, with Italian Basil)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1t sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water (I didn’t have any “milk,” and water worked fine)
You need to:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a pan on medium/medium-low heat, melt the ghee.
- Slice the onions very thin, and add to the melted ghee. Sauté the onions until caramelized.
- Microwave the frozen spinach according to the directions on the bag. Squeeze the water from the microwaved spinach.
- Chop the artichoke hearts.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the tomatoes, spinach, and artichoke hearts to the pan, warming everything.
- Grease a 9″ pie plate (lard, bacon fat, ghee – whatever works!) and add the vegetable mixture to it, spreading it out.
- Mix four eggs with 1/2 cup liquid (non-dairy milk or water), and add on top of the veggies, pouring evenly. Give the pie plate a couple taps to get out some bubbles.
- Bake in the 400° oven for 30-35 minutes, or until browned on top and set in the middle.
You can also add meat of your choosing to the vegetables mixture if you want a one-shot breakfast.