I’ve never had Beef & Broccoli from a proper Chinese restaurant. We have two Chinese takeout places in town, and my order seems to be pretty repetitive – if it’s at Great Wall, I get the Sesame Chicken, but if it’s at Ling Ling House, I get the steamed dumplings with wonton soup. Every. Single. Time. I am nothing if not a creature of habit.
I am really happy with this recipe, and what I love about it is the same thing I love about my curry chicken – you can make it ahead of time in advance, leave it in a bag in the freezer, pull it out months later, defrost, and voila. Practically an instant meal that only requires about 10 minutes on the cooking side of things. It’s nice and convenient when you need to get some yummy food on the table very quickly.
This recipe was adapted from “Lean Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry” on Buzzfeed Food.
You will need:
- 1 lb. any kind of beef, sliced thinly
- 1/4C coconut aminos
- 2T tapioca starch
- 2T minced ginger
- 2-3T minced garlic
- dash crushed red pepper
- coconut oil
- 2T water
- steamed broccoli (I used 1 bag of Steamfresh steamed vegetables)
- sesame seeds (optional)
You need to:
- Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl or bag. Make sure everything is mixed well. Allow at least four hours to marinate.
- Before you begin to cook, pop the veggies in the microwave (or begin steaming now).
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and cook the meat.
- Add the water, and allow sauce to thicken.
- Add steamed vegetables, and continue to toss until everything is coated in sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.